Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Summer of Love


Tagline: The most dangerous thing to want is more.

So, this movie was recommended for me saying it was a British indie drama about a coming of age story of two young girls. I wasn't expecting it to be a love story between the two leads and I probably wouldn't recommend this movie unless you are an Emily Blunt fan. The story follows Tamsin (Emily Blunt) and Mona (Natlie Press), two young girls from opposite sides of the economic spectrium, as they meet and strike up a friendship that leads to a passionate love affair and ultimately unravels. I liked the religious undertones and positions on the social structure in England. There were two instances in the movie where it couldv'e taken a turn for the darker side, however luckily it didn't. It wasn't an overly lesbian/gay pride movie and it was more about the girls connection to each other rather than the love affair. That being said, it was nice at best. The cinematography was standard BBC and average. Ther performances were actually pretty great although I'm personally awed by those accents and it makes everything sound better and more genuine regardless of the dialogue. It was a watchable movie although nothing extraordinary.Again, I don't think I would recommend this movie unless you are an Emily Blunt fan, which she really did a great job in. It was also interesting to a see a different, grittier, side of the English country/society.

No comments:

Post a Comment