Sunday, April 25, 2010

Funny People


Tagline: George Simmons was prepared to die, then a funny thing happened.

Wow, so I thought this movie was really great. The beginning of the movie flowed so well with the score, soundtrack, camera moves, lighting, and editing. It was actually pretty beautiful in the begnning. The performances were so stellar that as it progressed, I was seriously so into the story, I focused less on the cinematography which I normally don't do. This is probably Judd Apatow's best work in my opinion, however I'm a die hard dramedy lover. I think the problem with a lot of people's reaction to this movie, is they came in expecting Knocked Up or Superbad etc. I think it was a nice realistic Knocked Up. The stand-up bits sprinkled throughout were great and there was some hilarious awkward dry humor bits thrown in throughout. The movie was cast great and everyone did so awesome. I was very pleased with this movie. I was afraid this was going to be an over the top drama like Reign Over Me which I did not really enjoy but I think it was a movie with a lot of smart dry humor which unfortunately falls short with a lot of people. This movie was pretty long (2hrs 16 min) but it didn't drag on and kept the plot flowing evenly throughout. The trailer of this movie is very misleading. How they were able to pull some of the scenes off without laughing is amazing right there. I'd highly recommend to anyone who loves dramedies and/or tons of sarcastic, dry, awkward humor from any of the numerous hilarious people in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment