Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Knight and Day

So I decided to see this movie because it was the only new movie coming out along with Grown Ups which just looked horrible, plus I do like Cameron Diaz. Even though this movie looked similar to Killers that recently came out, I still wanted to see this one. The movie did not do so well it's opening weekend, coming in third to Toy Story 3 and Grown Ups and only bringing in $20 million which I think proves the point that Tom Cruise still hasn't regained his popularity with the movie-going audiences.

The movie follows the two after Cruise 'goes rogue' from the CIA and becomes entangled with Diaz and they must then stick together to clear his name.

The plot was somewhat believable and completely predictable. There were some funny bits in the movie, mostly the drugging sequences with Cameron Diaz. The dialogue was generic and the situational comedy wasn't original.

The movie was filmed nicely, although the action events were not smoothly edited and the CGI did not look close to being real. Also, I'm not sure if anyone noticed this but me, but the foley and sound editing in this movie was the worst I've seen in a long time. The foley sounds were so unnatural is was distracting....for me.

Cameron Diaz did a great job. She looked great and was funny in all of her scenes. Tom Cruise did an okay job. I think he thinks he's funnier than he is, but he did have a couple of funny parts. I really love Peter Sarsgaard but I don't know why he took this part, because the role was so minimal and had nothing to add to the movie. Chris Tucker, Adam Sandler, and Gerard Butler were all considered before Tom Cruise and I think that probably Sandler or Butler would have been a better choice.

Overall, even with the bad points of the movie, it was still entertaining. This would have made a good rental movie but I wouldn't recommend seeing this in the theater. If you like either Cameron Diaz or Tom Cruise, then go ahead and see it. They are somewhat funny and very pretty. "Nobody follow us or I'll kill myself and then her" -- Knight and Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment