Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Despicable Me

So I wanted to see this movie because I'm a Steve Carell fan and I wanted a movie to take the kiddos to go and see. It also knocked my beloved movie, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, out of the top spot this past weekend! Needless to say, I was curious what this movie was all about.

The movie follows the ambitious Gru who plans to become the world's best supervillian by stealing the moon! He then unknowingly enlists the help of three super cute orphan girls and things go awry. It starts the voice talents of Miranda Cosgrove, Russell Brand, Julie Andrews, Danny McBride, Kristen Wiig, Jason Segel, and Will Arnett.

The plot was actually very cute and turned out to be heartwarming towards the end. It was an interesting plot although not completely unique, but it was still entertaining nonetheless. There was a lot of funny dialogue in the movie, although I think a lot of the humor was due to the talented actors. There was some really great situational comedy in here as well.

The graphics were superb and props to Universal Studios for doing a good job on one of their biggest animated ventures. The animation was really beautiful and flowed nicely.

Steve Carell did a great job and was immensely funny. I wish he didn't have the accent thought so it could've been pure Carell. I was able to recognize Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove, and Danny McBride and they did good jobs. The rest of the actors I had to consciously listen for, although they did fine jobs.

Overall this was a mostly humorous movie and turned out to be very sweet. Perfect for families. It wouldn't make a bad choice for those of us still kids at heart either! "It's so fluffy, I'm going to die" -- Despicable Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment