Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Legend of the Guardians

So I actually can't write a full review for this movie and I will explain why. I had zero desire to see this movie at all. It was a horrible time for movies for a horrormoviephobe such as myself, and I decided it would be nice to take the kiddos to see this movie. Its an animated PG movie about owls. Perfect, right?

Well it did not capture the interest of the kids, nor did it capture mine. We ended up leaving the movie pretty early on. 

Now, from what I did see of this movie, I'm a little perplexed as to who the target audience was. There were elements of violence, slavery, death, captivity, and war, among other things, I picked up in the first several minutes of the movie alone. This was in no way appropriate for a child audience and it was not fun enough to keep their attention - obviously. 

As an adult, it did not seem to keep my attention, it was about owls for goodness sakes. I didn't see any humor in the movie, which is what is expected nowadays it seems from an animated movie. 

I will say the graphics were beautiful. A lot of time and effort were spent on the details. Unfortunately, the plot seemed a little too heavy and dark and really missed the target in my opinion. 

Granted I didn't see the movie and this is all based on a little slice of the movie that I did partake in. However, it literally failed to keep this audience entertained in the slightest. 

That aside the movie has already grossed over $129 million with a budget of only $80 million, so it obviously found an audience somewhere. How? I'm at a loss. Perhaps, the movie really picked up and did a 180 exactly after the part we walked out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment