Friday, December 30, 2011

Love, Wedding, Marriage

So I ended up renting this movie because the one I wanted was out at the redbox. It looked pretty generic but my female-ness took over and convinced me to rent it because Kellan Lutz was on the cover. Interestingly enough it was directed by Dermont Mulroney (from My Best Friend's Wedding). The movie was only released in two theaters, which accounts for the reason I'd never heard of it before.

The movie stars Mandy Moore and Kellan Lutz as newlyweds, super gorgeous newlyweds that is. Moore's character is a marriage counselor and she has to deal with the stress of being a newlywed along with her parent's sudden and impending divorce, played by Jane Seymour and James Brolin.

Unfortunately the plot was pretty predictable and cliched. The characters were not very complex. The dialogue wasn't horrible and at times it was a little witty.

All of the cinematic elements were very bland and generic, including the score which probably was recorded in an elevator.

All of the actors were very handsome/pretty. Jane Seymour and James Brolin were funny at times when they were bickering. Mandy Moore and Kellan Lutz were super cute. I'll be honest and it was Lutz' shirtless scenes that made the movie worth it.

In the end, it was pretty generic. I was hoping for something more than what the movie poster looked like, but unfortunately it was just a run of the mill romantic comedy. "Do you promise to have sex at least twice a week?"

No comments:

Post a Comment