Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tangled

So I didn't really want to see this movie but caved after my girls asked me for about the 100th time. I thought it looked much too childish for me, but fortunately I was wrong. The movie - somehow - bumped Harry Potter from it's reign at the top and became number 1 this past weekend. The movie opened up in the number two spot and brought in $28 million. It's already grossed over an impressive $144 million worldwide, but it has a way to go to surpass it's amazing $240 million dollar budget.

The movie is a spin on the classic Rapunzel story and pairs up a lovable criminal with Rapunzel who's spent the last 18 years inside her tower and ready for an outdoor adventure.

The plot was fresh and innovative. The dialogue was quite humorous as were many of the plot points. It was entertaining enough and exciting enough to keep me - and the girls - interested until the end.

Some of the sequences were extremely beautiful. A lot of the humor was situational comedy and the animals especially were extremely funny, i.e. the lizard and the horse. I'm a little bit amazed at the size of the budget. Up only had a budget of $175 million and I wouldn't consider this near as beautiful. There were several songs in this film and there were recognizable actors, which may attribute for some of the inflated budget. Perhaps, promotional expenditures are being included in this budget and if that's the case I can easily understand why as this movie was being promoted every 5 seconds by Disney.

Mandy Moore did a really great job. She's so sweet and sings so nicely. Chuck, who plays the likable criminal, has a really great voice and did well also.

In the end, I found myself laughing out loud several times. This movie was quite humorous and totally cute. I wouldn't mind watching this over and over when it comes out on DVD, as I'm sure we will - right along with Toy Story 3. "Skip the drama, stay with mama" - Tangled

No comments:

Post a Comment